COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Doing Our Part To Keep You SafeWe are doing everything we can to keep our residents and employees safe during this difficult time, including:
- Cleaning: following CDC guidelines on cleaning and disinfecting the common areas
- EPA Recommended Disinfecting Standards
- Hand Sanitizing in Common Spaces
- Employee Health Monitoring with HealthChampion
- Protective Wear for Staff
Here are some ways you can help to protect yourself, other residents and our employees:
- Wear a mask in the hallways, elevators, and common areas.
- Utilize the hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the property.
- Do not bring guests to the amenity spaces for the time being.
- Wearing a face mask while our maintenance team is in your apartment attending to your request. If you cannot wear a face mask, leave your apartment while your work order is being completed.
- Use email and phone as your primary form of communication with our staff when possible
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve been renting with Walnut in South Oakland since August and I’m more than happy to be renewing our lease, as Walnut Capital has extremely competent property management. Maintenance requests are always handled swiftly. A much better college living situation than some of these Oakland “slumlords” who seemingly don’t care about their tenants.- AJ - Google
Although they are a bigger leasing company, I feel as though they treat each client as if they were the only one. I would recommend Walnut Capital to anyone looking for a place to live in Pittsburgh!- Lindsay - Google
They are a very large rental company here in Pittsburgh, but they dont treat you like you would expect. Maintenance is very quick and easy to contact. They are more than just professional, they are friendly and reasonable. They have been great to work with. Thanks!- Andrew - Google
I am a student at Pitt, and have lived in the off campus apartments in South Oakland for the past 2 years. The apartments are beautiful and anytime we have had a problem, maintenance comes either that day or the next morning. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!- Anna - Google
Walnut Capital has been great to work with for my daughter's college apartment. Move-in was smooth and they've been very responsive to the issues that inevitably crop up.- Liz - Google
The management is really responsive, the shuttle service is amazing. Just renewed the lease without any second thoughts!- Vibhor - Google
Spent 2 years living in the University Commons close to Pitt's campus. Had a wonderful experience with the management company, especially their attentiveness to maintenance issues and ability to pay rent online. Made it very convenient for 3 roommates to pay rent separately. Would highly recommend for any Pitt student looking to live off campus.- Max - Google
As a Pitt student living in Oakland, I've been incredibly fortunate to rent from a company that actually takes care of its property. University Commons really stands out among the "college slum" that is Oakland. Walnut Capital has never left me without basic necessities (something many friends of mine sadly cannot say of their Oakland landlords), and they also go out of their way to make living here feel safe and comfortable.- Victoria - Google